Change Management Experts
“Time isn’t the enemy. Fear of change is…”
This quote from Oprah Winfrey cuts right to the heart of the matter.
Often times we delay making critically important changes in our lives and in our businesses because of the fear of change.
This fear can originate from many different places:
1) FEAR OF FAILURE – What will happen if I invest my time and resources and things don’t go according to plan?
2) FEAR OF PAIN OR DISCOMFORT – I know that this is going to be challenging and I just don’t know if I can make it through.
3) FEAR OF CRITICISM – What if my friends, family and colleagues think I’ve made a poor decision? What if they don’t agree with me?
4) FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN – What’s on the other side of this challenge? What if I encounter a problem that I don’t know how to solve? What if I need to change my plans?
5) FEAR OF SUCCESS – As strange as this sounds the fear of success is also a very real fear. What if success doesn’t last? What will I do once I reach my goals? Everyone will be looking to me for the answers and I just don’t know that I’m suited to be a leader?
The good news is that you can overcome these fears, rise to new heights, grow and develop in your business and personal goals. In fact, YOU ALREADY HAVE! Take a look back at your life and your accomplishments and how you’ve arrived at where you are today.
Think about one of those moments when you embraced change and accomplished a goal. You likely didn’t make that change on your own, you probably had a family member, a teacher, a mentor, a good friend, an investor, a strategic partner, a GUIDE who helped you along the way.
A great bookkeeper is that guide for your business. Their first CHANGE MANAGEMENT GOAL is to help you implement and/or maximize the use of a world class accounting software, ensuring you have systems that keep your financial reporting CURRENT and providing you with MONTHLY INSIGHTS & ANALYSIS so that you can take control of your business.
With that in mind the sixth topic in our series YOUR BOOKKEEPER SHOULD… is to provide CHANGE MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE so that you can maximize the value of your accounting system.
To learn more about how our CHANGE MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE provides a rock solid foundation for our clients businesses, or if you’d like to discuss your bookkeeping needs with us, reach out through our website. We'd love to hear from you.
Stay tuned over the next two weeks as we share the remaining 4 topics in our series.
Last week: 5) CLIENT SPECIFIC PROCEDURE MANUAL